Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Promise Rainbow and the Story of Noah's Ark by Sally Lloyd-Jones

My Promise Rainbow: And the Story of Noah's Ark (Baby Blessings)My Promise Rainbow and the Story of Noah's Ark, written by Sally Lloyd-Jones and illustrated by Patricia Jennings, was given us a while back by a family whose children had outgrown the book.  I don't think I'm going to be real quick to give it up because I love it so much.  

My Promise Rainbow and the Story of Noah's Ark is a shaped board book with over 25 flaps for children to peek under, and you know how much they love doing that.  There is a double page spread for 5 colours of the rainbow and the pages are cut and designed so that when the book is closed they make a rainbow.  All but one flap on each coloured spread hides objects and animals of the featured colour.  The other flap on each page hides a Bible verse of promise, each one for a different purpose - when you're scared, worried, sad,  lonely or need help.

On Sally Lloyd-Jones website I discovered that she has written many more books.  I will be looking for more of her books.

I see us reading My Promise Rainbow and the Story of Noah's Ark over and over again, and working on memorizing the promise verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment