Sunday, February 13, 2011

Noah's Ark by Jerry Pinkney

Noah's Ark (Caldecott Honor Book)Noah's Ark written and illustrated by Jerry Pinkney is a beautiful retelling of the story of Noah's Ark from the Bible, complete with illustrations that make you want to stop and study them for a while.

I thought the story might be a bit wordy for Anna but she was captivated by it, and the pictures.  She was especially taken by the illustration that gave an indication of just how big the ark was.  We've read many retellings of the story but I think this may be one of our favourites.

On Jerry Pinkney's website I learned that there are many more books by him that we need to look out for.  I also learned, on his biography page on his site, that he is dyslexic.  If you have a child that is dyslexic it would be a great encouragement to you and your child to read his biography.

Don't forget to Vote for your Favorite Book Featured in January? 
Come join our Book a Day Challenge for a chance for a prize!
On our Newsletter blog sign up to have the monthly newsletter delivered to your email address or blog reader.

2 comments:

  1. Great post!
    We read the Little Match Girl retold by him. It is one of my favourite stories (it was when I was little too, not sure why, it's so sad!).
    I noticed the Lion book at the library, we'll have to give it a try. Thanks again for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to keep my eye out for his Little Match Girl book. I like that story too.

    ReplyDelete