Sunday, July 10, 2011

In the Beginning by Max Lucado

In the BeginningI'm not really sure if In the Beginning, by Max Lucado, should be classed as a children's book or not but Anna and I did read it together recently and she was spell bond by it.  It is a fictional account of a conversation that supposedly takes place between God and the archangel Michelangelo during the creation of the world. The text is accompanied by beautiful artwork that depicts the different stages of creation. At the back of the book are the actual scripture verses that give the Biblical account of creation.

I wasn't sure what to think of the book first when I started reading it and I was tempted to stop, but Anna wanted me to keep going. I usually read the preface and info on the flap of jacket books and/or backs of books before I read each book but I didn't do it with this book so at first I didn't get what the book was actually about.  Once I got to the end and then went back to read those things if finally made sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment